The mission of the Foundation for Medical Evaluation and Early Detection (www.fmed.org) is to provide no cost health screenings to members of the community.
Since the inception of the foundation in November 2001, more than 15,000 individuals have been screened for serious conditions.
The Foundation is proud to announce that it will be providing major funding for no cost cardiovascular screenings, which will include Cholesterol, Glucose, Body
Fat Analysis and Blood Pressure Screenings.
These screenings will be coordinated through the efforts of the Foundation and North General Hospital and Mount Sinai Medical Center.
The screenings are free to the general public and appointments are not necessary.
Screenings have been coordinated at institutions including:
- NYU Langone Medical Center
- North General Hospital
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center
- NYU Hospital for Joint Disease
- New York Hospital Queens as locations for Screenings
- Deane Prostate Center, Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Department of Nephrology, Mount Sinai Medical Center
Prostate Cancer Awareness Month-No Cost Examination & PSA Blood Test
A program developed through the efforts of the Foundation for Medical Evaluation & Early Detection & the Dean Prostate Health Center, Department of Urology,
Mount Sinai Medical Center
One in every six men gets prostate cancer at some point in his lifetime and a three percent chance of dying from it.
The latest data from the American Cancer Society expects that there will be 217,730 new cases of prostate cancer this year and 32,050 deaths in 2010.
Almost every male is at some degree of risk for prostate cancer.
Prostate cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in men
Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in American men
The Deane Prostate Health Center, the Department of Urology at the Mount Sinai Medical Center at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine will be offering no cost examinations and PSA blood tests and digital rectal examinations in Manhattan during the month of September 2010.
Screening will be held at the Deane Prostate Health Center Department of Urology at the Mount Sinai Medical Center as well as another location on Madison Avenue and East 58h Street
Location & dates of no cost prostate cancer screenings:
Deane Prostate Health Center, Mount Sinai Medical Center
5 East 98th Street (between Madison & Fifth Avenue) 6th Floor
Wednesday September 1 9 AM to 12 noon
Wednesday September 8 9 AM to 12 noon
Monday September 13 1 PM to 4 PM
Monday September 20 1 PM to 4 PM
Wednesday September 29 9 AM to 12 Noon
Mount Sinai Medical Center-Samadi Robotic
625 Madison Avenue (between 58th and 59th Street) Suite 230
Thursday September 9 10 AM to 1 PM
Thursday September 16 10 AM to 1 PM
Thursday October 7 10 AM to 1 PM
For an Appointment , please call 212-241-3209
(Mon-Wed, from 9 AM- 4 PM, at other times please leave a message)
No Cost Stroke & Vascular Screening Program
NYU Division of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery
NYU Langone Medical Center
February 2010 thru December 2010
No Cost Stroke & Vascular Screening Program” available for men and women ages 40 and older.
Few people are aware of the disturbing factors about strokes, peripheral arterial disease and aneurysm
- Strokes are the 3rd largest cause of death in the United States
- Stroke is the leading cause of long term disability among adults in the U.S.
- Up to 80% of strokes are preventable-you can prevent a stroke
- 4 out of 5 people that suffer a stroke have no apparent symptoms or warning signs
- Stroke can happen to anyone at any time, regardless of race, sex or age
- Approximately 55,000 more women than men have a stroke each year
- Blacks have almost twice a risk of first-ever stroke compared with whites
- More than 8 million Americans, suffer from peripheral arterial disease (PAD)
- Just as a heart attack is caused by a blocker artery in the heart, PAD is the same kind of blockage, but it occurs in the arm, leg or other part of the body
- PAD is the leading cause of amputation
- PAD is the leading indicator for a fatal event such as a heart attack or stroke
- Aneurysms can burst or rupture, causing serious internal bleeding and, it not treated death
Today you and your friends can obtain a no cost screening for these conditions at the NYU Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at the world renown NYU Langone Medical Center located on First Avenue and 30th-34th Street.
These screenings are coordinated by the Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery and funded by a grant from the Foundation for Medical Evaluation & Early Detection (www.foundationforscreening.org)
The no cost screenings are available “BY APPOINTMENT ONLY”
To schedule an appointment, please call 212-263-3919